Wednesday, September 12, 2012

E & Me

Besides husband's Lake Michigan swim this weekend, we had a full house.
My college friend E came to spend a long weekend with us before she moves to Spain for a year.
Unfortunately, my allergies went nuts and I was miserably sick most of the weekend.
Chicago is much kinder to my allergies than my home town, but they can still find me here from time to time.

Luckily, E is such a long time friend that she's put up with my allergy attacks before and didn't bat an eye.
We made omelets, took naps, and watched two movies, but still were able to make it out into the city for some things old and some things new.
I used her entire travel pack of kleenex.
I owe you, E!

E, you are one special girl who I am so thankful and proud to call friend.
I loved talking about the turbulent 20's with you, telling you the messy parts of me, and re-connecting our past to our present.
You always have a place in our home, and in your favorite city on earth.
Just don't let Madrid come close!

Five Guys

Montrose Harbor

Milk & Honey Cafe

Lincoln Park

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet reunion! You two are both so beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Milk and Honey is one of my all-time favorite restaurants. Everything there is soooooo good. Looks like you and your friend had a great time :)