Thursday, September 13, 2012

Life As We Know It


Today is a day I'd like to remember.
Not for anything that would at all notable to anyone else, but for the things it was, I felt, "I want to remember our life.  Just like this." 

It was a 12-hour day at the practice, more or less.
It was 8:30pm before I was home and finished with clients and paperwork, at which point I realized I was too energized to go to bed and read Harry Potter.
So I looked at husband and he looked back and smiled,
and we agreed to go on a drive in the rain to one of our favorite cupcake bakeries.

I love places that are open till 10pm on weeknights.
If you are one of those places, you are automatically my fave.

In rain boots and sweatpants on the way to Molly's, we decided to see if our friends were up for a Molly's delivery, and dropped by their apartment at 9:30.
It's their last few days living just a block from us, so we had to make one last big hurrah of it.
No, I didn't mean last, because I'm pretty sure we'll still drop by their new place with cupcakes, even if it's now in a new neighborhood.

So today, this is a simple glimpse of life as we know it. 

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
-Annie Dillard

2 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

great quote - and yes, those little moments are the best!!!

p.s. what i would pay right now for a molly's cupcake and time with you. miss ya!

Kirra said...

aw. this reminded me of when you guys brought us cupcakes before we left & moved to idaho. i mean the southside. same thing.