Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Esther Grace in Chicago

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my dearest friends, Esther (affectionately dubbed "E" by me) flew in for a weekend to visit.

Her timing: perfect; Neal was away all weekend on a retreat with his students.

Her presence: easy and comfortable; we went out, we stayed in, and we talked incessantly wherever we found ourselves. Over meals, walks, and treats, we shared our lives, trials, and joys, and it was soooo good to be together and get to catch up in person!

Her words: encouraging; this girl is full of commitment to God's word. I was challenged and so refreshed by her godly spirit. In case I had ever forgotten, I was reminded of why she has become one of my closest friends.


[A Saturday morning walk through beautifully blooming Washington Park]
[Every trip needs a little drama, right? We got ours in the form of a torrential wind and rain storm on our late-night quest for cheesecake. We got super drenched, especially after my umbrella turned inside out!]

[Insert here the fact that we were sad we forgot to take a picture Sunday morning at Harvest. We went to church there together for a couple years until Esther moved to NE. It was so wonderful to worship alongside her again, and especially at the church we love.]

[Airport picture at Midway! Reminiscent of all the times in college I would hijack Neal's car and pick E up after school breaks, or drop her off for one upcoming.]
E, thank you! Your presence and encouragement and friendship had the greatest of timing in coming that weekend. I absolutely loved it, and I am so thankful for you! P.S. I mailed in my umbrella, hoping they will come through on their "lifetime warranty" policy!

And, a P.S. to my lovely readers: That rainy, blustery cheesecake quest resulted in me finding a new piece at the Cheesecake Factory to try- the "30th Anniversary Cheesecake." Layers of original cheesecake, fudge cake, and chocolate truffle cream. You're welcome, and I love you.

1 comment:

Esther Grace said...

Oh Ash! I loved my weekend with you just as much. It was an absolute delight! So wonderful to be around a friend that knows me well. Hopefully, another fun weekend trip is not far in the future. Perhaps someday you'll make a trek out to Nebraska :) Praying for you! love, e