Friday, August 17, 2012

Bonhoeffer



The credibility of these reviews is slowly declining through the week.  We've now sunk to the level of book review based on secondhand first impression.  Good thing it's Friday or we'd be reviewing books we haven't even heard of.

Husband packed this book along with The Book of the Dun Cow for Mexico, and this biography turned out to be his second read.  He's about a third of the way through the 600+ pages and he loves it like I loved Mexican Coca-Cola.  (Who is the deeper soul?  I know, I feel so deeply about Coke.  Always have.)

Husband's first impressions are none too shabby in credibility, but since he's still reading I refer you to the Wall Street Journal's review in the meantime.

I shared earlier in the week one of my favorite ways to find new books.  Husband's seems to be from his favorite blog,  DeYoung, Restless, and Reformed;  I've noticed a direct link between his Amazon cart that blog.  Bonhoeffer was also on our pastor's summer reading list.

To order Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy, click here.

1 comment:

Joel.de.Sousa said...

Simple, but entertaining. Love the reading. :)