Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekend in Retro Cam

We ventured from our favorites this weekend to some new places.
A Vespa ride up to Moody's Pub took us to an outdoor patio with a pairing of picnic tables, bistro tables, a gritty city feel, and a good burger served on paper plates.

In Lincoln Square, we stumbled quite happily upon Cafe Selmarie and The Book Cellar.
Bittersweet chocolate truffles, Intelligensia coffee, and a bookstore scattered with handwritten notes of reviews was the kind of charming city adventure that keeps me coming back (or going out) for more Chicago.

And then there were some of our weekend favorites.

I started Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott at the beach, and I'm smitten already.
A book about writing and life, she writes, "One of the gifts of being a writer is that it gives you an excuse to do things, to go places and explore.  Another is that writing motivates you to look closely at life, at life as it lurches by and tramps around." 
I mean, I don't see how this isn't going to be one of my favorite books.

No comments: