Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Therapy

Standing in line at Joe's Coffee Shop, I was shifting my feet and mind back and forth deciding what hot drink to get for the trip. Why would I bother?
A caramel apple cider is only obvious for giving way to fall break, don't you think?
Sometimes I think too hard.

And (yes, I'm going here right now), sometimes I don't wear enough jewelry, as evidenced by this picture.
It's one of my many faults, as Tiff has been pointing out to me for years.
Thank God for sisters, even when you forget to take their advice because your mind is too cluttered with the randoms, like grabbing a hot drink before the car ride.

My salute to the women out there who manage drink pickups and earrings.
Seriously.

{So ready to get outta town!}

But in better ways of thinking, I'm still thinking on fall break and how incredibly perfect the setting was for fall, for break, for getaway chill time.
It's hard to believe it's already come and gone.

I like seasonal, and I like the right aesthetics, and I got both in generous doses of orange, red, and sunlit yellow all weekend.
For those of you who don't get a fall in the part of the country where you reside,
consider this post of pictures the fall therapy you've been needing.

Breathe deeply, be still for a moment.
God has given us a great gift in the colors, textures, and changes of fall.
I'm so in love with these pictures right now!













Besides the palette of leaf colors that are at once both brilliant and intimate,
could plaid coats and North Face fleeces be one of the best parts about fall?
Quite possibly.

On a final note, I thought I would mention that Neal has taken to calling me his "pumpkin spice" this fall.
Is that not cute??

I'm going to keep posting away about fall break. See you soon!

No comments: