Sunday, August 29, 2010

Clingings to Psalm 139

image source unknown.

You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and rise up.

You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down.

You are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, you know it.

You hem me in behind and before. You lay your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me. It is high, I cannot attain it.

Where shall I go from your spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?

If I ascend to heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.

If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

Even there your hand shall lead me. And your right hand shall hold me.

Good thing, because I feel like I am losing myself.

3 comments:

Esther Grace said...

oh ash. i've been struggling lately and this post was encouraging. keep clinging to jesus dear friend and i will do the same. ~e

Whitney Lane said...

Praying for you right now.

Anonymous said...

When you said that, I started thinkin', "what if? What if I could figure out the art of losing myself? What would that look like in my heart?" I'm not trying to be insensitive at all. I realize that you are frustrated, hurting, annoyed, confused, ready to be done! And I'm not trying to make light of that at all. But when you say you're losing yourself, it made me do a heart check on myself. Somehow I wonder if that's how God wants me. Be rid of myself, specially right now (today) in my heart. I've been so much about me. I need to lose myself. At that humble moment, where I'd be on my knees begging to be near Christ. There is where I believe God would be most glorified. And then as I thought some more, I remembered those words in a song somewhere. And here it is:
Hillsong, "From the Inside Out"
Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart, in my soul
I give you control
Consume me from the inside out
Let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out

I know this is a little bit different context than what your talking about, but thanks for putting it out there. It made me do a heart check on my own self.

Still praying for you, Ash, I love you!