Thursday, October 25, 2012

Naptown

We stole out of Chi-Town this weekend to hang in Naptown for a little weekend with husband's family.
They all hail from Indianapolis (which husband insists is called Naptown).

As hard as it can be to get away, we're always glad when we do.
His parents' house is the absolute coziest, and I slept in until 11:00 both mornings we were there.
I can't remember the last time I slept in till such an hour.
Naptown it is!
Sorry, husband.  I know, I know, it's not like that.

We sat outside around a fire pit on the back patio at night, drank cider, went on a long walk under fall colors, and I even got a coveted few hours with my mother-in-law alone at Rosie's Place for breakfast.
The cinnamon rolls.
The conversation.
It was the coziest time.

With the Chicago skyline in our rearview mirror on the way down, we stopped at Cunis Candies for caramel apples for the weekend.
Chicagoans, this is the candy shop for caramel apples, but you've got to think suburbs on this one.
 

No comments: