Friday, November 25, 2011

Holding Ground

Thanksgiving has to be one of the greatest holidays, when I think about it.
I mean, I have thought about it before of course, but, well, I'm thinking it over again and it's still holding ground.

Pajamas, coffee, and the Thanksgiving Day parade.
A morning jog through neighborhoods where every person I passed said, "Hi."
"What?"
Starbucks run in sweatpants for peppermint mochas.
Family faces around the holiday table.

The sweet pairings of young and old, 
staying up late and getting up early (hello, Black Friday!), 
family here and family there, 
warm sun and Christmas lights as
a snapshot of the metamorphosis of Thanksgiving to Christmas.

Husband and I are back in the Windy City tonight!
I think I'll kinda miss that blow-up mattress from the last couple nights and family sleeping all under one roof.

3 comments:

Kirra said...

Ammmmen!

But I'm glad you're back! I need to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully described! Sounds like you had a lovely day. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Kristina
Something 2 Write About

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed! Thanks for reminding us of the beautiful things in life! We need it!