Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grace & Gratitude


"You say grace before meals.
All right.
But I say grace before the play and the opera,
And grace before the concert and the pantomime,
And grace before I open a book,
And grace before sketching, painting,
Swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing;
And grace before I dip the pen in the ink."
-G.K. Chesterson

"It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." 
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I don't know why we're kind of delinquent on our holidays this year.
Our tree isn't up, and I haven't listened to even a jingle of Christmas music yet.
Though this is the plan when I do.
If you like, find a great Christmas playlist here.

While you do that, I'm still finding inspiration in the ideas surrounding Thanksgiving.
The above quotes are a couple thoughts I've been loving lately.  
I came across the G.K. Chesterson quote in Real Simple (of all places), and the Bonhoeffer quote from a letter my dear friend Alison sent.
Some new favorites.

2 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i am totally writing those quotes down - i needed to hear both. thanks for sharing, friend. :) love you!

Anonymous said...

Love this picture, love these quotes, and love you!