Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back in the City

The girl is back in the city.... but I'm not so sure the city girl is back!

After 6 days of porch chairs, lakes, boat rides, gardens, stars, late night patio chats, homemade smoothies, sunsets, expanses of lush green grass beneath bare toes, friends, family, babies, and.... big, beautiful houses.... I'm afraid Chicago and I are going to have to find our way back into love.

I have tons of blogging to do, and a re-acquaintance walk through the city streets (and an escape from the drilling right outside my apartment) sounds nice.

But until then, unpacking, laundry, groceries, and reminding myself that I have a life I love here in this little urban apartment are the order of the day.

1 comment:

Kirra said...

Oh girl. That sounds amazing- so I'm not surprised Chicago isn't feeling as lovely at the moment. Date soon? Maybe even a double? :) Love you and can't wait to hear about your time at home.