Monday, December 30, 2013

First Christmas & a Bear Hat

This first Christmas with Augy was probably the last Christmas for quite awhile that I'll be able to have presents wrapped and under the tree throughout Christmas, since he'll likely be tearing around the place  next year.
Also probably the last of having our tree decorated with our glass blown ornaments, or any ornaments at all, at least for a few years.
So.  This was a pretty good year for me, being that I get a yummy baby to squeeze and still get to go all pretty-pretty and not have it be disturbed.

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is not only picking out gifts but choosing wrapping paper and spending a few evenings listening to Christmas music and wrapping everything up pretty.
I usually find a combination of papers from The Container Store and Paper Source, and then I try to find one from Target to work in if I'm being mindful of cha-ching-ching.

Augy didn't seem too impressed with our Christmas tree until a few days before we left town when I realized that if I laid him on a blanket right beneath the tree, he was smitten with it.
It was so sweet and pretty magical to watch.
But funny too because even at 5 months, his little toes went a kicking at my carefully wrapped packages until he would get a bow kicked off.

As for the bear hat, Neal found it when we were out Christmas shopping and picked it out for Augy.
It's one of the few things in Augy's wardrobe that was found by his dad, so it's a fun one.

Merry Christmas, again!

No comments: